CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Current Mission....Impossible??

Last school year, I had the pleasure of having coffee/breakfast with five of the most amazing women three times a week!  We quickly became 'regulars' at the Breakfast Nook, we learned all the staff's names, they knew ours, they knew what we'd typically order, we had great conversation among us girls, lots of laughs & some tears.   It was what I looked forward to every week.  However, by the end of the school year some of us had babies, some of us had been through the most trying situations in our life, but mostly we had all packed on some pounds!!

By the end of the summer we all had gym memberships & had started using it.  So far this school year has been all about working out.  It has become the 'new thing' I look forward to.  What is so great is that we all encourage each other to go, there's always one of us in the classes, so we are rarely doing it alone. (Which is why I've always had a hard time going...misery loves company!)

Don has also been a contributing factor in my yearning to go the gym & tone up.  He has always been very discipline in going to the gym or running or playing some sport....always keeping active.  I have had an interest in yoga for a long  time and have always wanted him to do it with me, but he is very stiff through his back and legs, so he never was really into it. (Pretty much he knew he wouldn't be good at it & didn't want to bother with it)  However, while vacationing in  St. Kitts this summer HE suggested we do yoga together beach side.  Well I was all over that!  Except for the fact that it was at 8AM...on vacation!  But we went, he went 2 mornings without me while I slept (you know I'm ALL about some sleep!).  He ended up really liking it & felt so great afterwards that we have continued to do it together twice a week when possible. He is even doing back bends & holding poses these days!

He has encouraged me to eat healthier, leaner, meaning he has been doing most of the cooking.  And I'll tell you what he is cooking is DELICIOUS & lean!  Lots of fish, chicken & vegetables.

My goal is to keep up my current workout schedule, 2 classes a day, 5 days a week (including yoga 3x) & 1 on Saturday (Which is my favorite, its like the icing on the cake & the one I look forward to the most, yoga), resting on Sunday. Also, I plan to continue on the fabulous diet Don & I are doing together.

Don is training for 3 half marathons at the end of the year & a marathon in January.  He is in better shape than he has been in his entire life!  Hopefully my arms, belly & back end will start to take shape soon!

Big fat thanks to Don & my girls, Aimee, Theresa, Amy, Liz & Tracey for the motivation.  This mission may be impossible without all your support!

1 comments:

TOfam6 said...

you are so sweet and I could not be working out with out you either... bathing suite body here I come... 1 year to complete :)